Samsung president Shin Jong Kyun. According to Bloomberg report, the partnership would reportedly focus on advancing mobile advertising sales. As per a CNET report, Zuckerberg did meet with executives at Samsung but the social network is not providing details of what was discussed. Facebook has been strongly encouraging advertising on mobile. In April, Facebook Home had been launched by social ...
Twitter handle being cited in online posts across Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other social media. The study was conducted by Indian consultancy firm Blogworks from January to April 2013. It found that Modi had thrice as many mentions as Rahul Gandhi. The BJP leader was cited over 10 lakh times. However, in percentage terms, Rahul Gandhi's share of demographics between 18-34 years was ...
(Credit: Microsoft) Reports that Windows RT is headed for the dustbin of failed Microsoft operating systems has become a month -- if not weekly -- ritual for Asia-based sources. This time ...
(Credit: Lazada) Lazada, an online retail sales business focusing on Southeast Asia, announced Wednesday it has raised another $100 million from investors apparently confident of the region's growth potential. The e-commerce site, which bills itself as the "Amazon of Southeast Asia," was launched in early 2012 by Germany's Rocket Internet, which specializes in ...
Mahindra Satyam has hired at least 35 new sales managers and five industry vertical heads as it makes targeted efforts to win new clients and get more business from existing clients. The software exporter is looking to win large outsourcing contracts from banks, manufacturers and healthcare firms as it targets $5 billion (Rs 29,365 crore) in sales by 2015. "Clearly, the focus is on winning ...
Winds: From the West at 2.0 MPH Gusting to 9.0 MPH
The Dukes of Hazzard
When I was in kindergarten, even though I didnt know what moonshine was and I was too young to appreciate Catherine Bach in her Daisy Dukes, The Dukes of Hazzard was my favorite television show. Thus, as I settled down a quarter-century later to wa ... ...
MUMBAI: Wages across India's telecom sector have risen by an average 7% this year, with smaller companies loosening their purse strings a little more than their larger peers in a sluggish market. The pay increase at market ...
Microsoft was previously considering a plan to boost its position in the mobile phone market by buying the devices business from Nokia, The Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday. The Journal cited unnamed sources as saying the US technology titan and the pioneering Finnish mobile phone company were involved in serious talks that recently faltered. Microsoft has been striving to gain ground ...
Wipro will provide application development and maintenance, and infrastructure services for Citi's global operations. The five-year engagement requires Wipro to set up an offshore delivery centre in Bangalore, said sources familiar with the development. When TOI contacted Wipro, the company said it does not comment on market speculation. Citi too declined to comment on what they call market ...
Google is now vying for a piece of the retail market with brick-and-mortar stores called Android Nation. The US company will partner BK Modi's Spice Global to set up the stores in various Indian cities, starting with New Delhi later this year. Like other such stores in Indonesia, ...
View Photo Reuters/Reuters - An actor in police costume mock-arrests Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom (L) as he launches his new file sharing site "Mega" in Auckland January 20, 2013. REUTERS/Nigel ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
JW Marriott Ihilani Hotel Resort & Spa
This has to be one of the best hotel resorts in Hawaii. 387 luxurious guest rooms, each with it's own ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Tucson PostTucson Post: News about Tucson, Arizona
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Tucson news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Tucson Post is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Tucson.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Tucson weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Tucson Post is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Siding with the Obama administration, the US Supreme Court Monday tossed out a provision in a Arizona state law requiring proof of citizenship for registration as a voter.
With a 7-2 majority, the apex court ruled that the state's voter-approved law interfered with federal law designed to make voter registration easier.
Opponents of the law saw it as an attack on vulnerable voter groups such as minorities, immigrants and the elderly, while the state called the provision a "sensible precaution" to prevent voter fraud.
Civil rights group countered that it added an unconstitutional and burdensome layer of paperwork for tens of thousands of citizens.
The Obama Justice Department opposed the Arizona law, which went beyond what other states have done to ensure integrity in the registration system.
The case focuses on Arizona but the decision would have wider implications as four other states - Alabama, Georgia, Kansas and Tennessee - have similar requirements, and 12 other states are contemplating such legislation.
A single judge of the apex court a year ago blocked the Arizona law from being enforced, while the full court decided internally whether to accept pending appeals for review. ...
- US president plans talks with Russia on reducing nuclear weapons
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Irish public support attack on U.S. president and family
- Kim Jong-un on 'luxury yacht' in North Korea
- Eight UN aid workers among 15 dead in Somalia militant attack
- Rose credits Ryder experience
- Giants fixture lived and died with dignity
- Future bright for young L.A. star
- Hughes pounded in 2nd game as Yanks settle for split
- Sather unsure what’s next for disappointed Messier
- Azad to inaugurate private ward at LRS Institute of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases
- Females prefer biological fitness than other traits in potential mates
- UN iLanceti journal to hold meeting on AIDS response and global health
- US Cervical Cancer Vaccines Cut Rates of HPV Infections
- Kitten 1000-mile trip three-week-old Julia Di Sieno
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Spain urged to pursue further reforms to generate growth and jobs
- Females prefer biological fitness than other traits in potential mates
- Johnny Depp opens up about vision problem
- Study explains why appetizers matter more when youre dining out with friends
- How European Public Broadcasters Cash Crunch Affects Hollywood
- UPDATE 3-Sony CEO asks for patience as shareholders press on spinoff plan
- Southeast Asia e-tailer Lazada raises $100M in funding
- UPDATE 5-Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- India sets up elaborate system to tap phone calls e-mail
- China to introduce death penalty for environmental polluters
- UAEs efforts to preserve environment exemplary says daily
- Back gardens are full of incredible wildlife activity | Miranda Krestovnikoff
- Top tips for making your garden wildlife-friendly | Adrian Thomas
- Lake Michigans timber centuries old scientists
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Tucson Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Victim advocates sought by county
- Law Order Sahuarita wrestler wont face charges
- Law Order Officer hurt in chase is in need of surgery
- Law Order Man who crashed SUV says he had been shot
- Law Order Pinal shooting might be racially motivated